Full Trainer Member Application
You are paying a £40 application/admin fee today. If you are successful there is a £120 yearly membership fee to be paid, pro rata up to our next set renewal date.
The requirements for trainer membership are:
- Evidence of an accredited qualification from an organisation that teaches force-free methods.
- You agree to accept and adhere to our Code of Practice.
- You have been working professionally with dogs for at least 3 years.
- Two references, one professional and one client
- You have proof of insurance.
All membership renew in February of each year. If your application is unsuccessful, you will be informed which areas need more work, and you can then re-submit your follow-up application for a £25 retake fee. This fee is non-refundable.
Check list for Full Trainers Application
Please ensure you have the following before proceeding to the checkout stage and downloading the application form.
On the application you will be asked to provide:
- Your Personal Details.
- Details of relevant courses attended/qualifications attained and years in practice.
- Up to date Insurance details.
- If you have a current INTODogs member who will be your Sponsor? (This is not essential).
- If you currently run/assist at training classes?
- Lesson plan examples and detail specific topics taught.
- Examples and overviews of learning theories and the four quadrants. (listed on the application).
- Examples of advice in relation to specific topics.
- A brief written summary of your approach on a few topics that may occur in a Class/ Training environment (list of topics is provided).
- What are your three most important considerations when running a class or giving a 1 2 1 consult.
- A few short videos, demonstrating any 2 from a list provided on the application.
- Why you wish to join INTODogs.
- You agree to having an INTODogs appointed member come and observe your classes or a 1 2 1 consultation should it be requested.
- You agree to uphold the INTODogs Code of Practice? (https://www.intodogs.org/about/code-of-conduct/)
- How you currently or how you plan to uphold and apply the INTODogs’ code of ethics?
- You agree to disclose any unspent convictions covered by the “Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974”
Once you are familiar with the application requirements please continue to “view basket”, checkout and download the application form. The completed paperwork, including a copy of your current insurance documentation and all videos are to be emailed to: email@example.com