Full Behaviour Member Application
Please read the requirements for Full Membership here before you apply. You are paying a £40 application/admin fee today. If you are successful there is a £120 yearly membership fee to be paid, pro rata up to our next set renewal date.
All membership renew in February of each year. If your application is unsuccessful, you will be informed which areas need more work, and you can then re-submit your follow-up application for a £25 retake fee. This fee is non-refundable.
Check list for Full Membership Application (Behaviourist)
Please ensure you have the following before proceeding to the checkout stage and downloading the application form.
On the application you will be asked to provide:
- Your Personal Details.
- Areas of work and duration.
- Details of relevant courses attended/qualifications attained.
- Details of relevant seminars, webinars and/or lectures attended over the past year.
- Information about your charges and tariffs for your services.
- Up to date Insurance details.
- Brief explanations of a number of topics covering learning theory (listed on
- Your brief thoughts, with examples if applicable, on a number of topics covering Canine Specific Knowledge (listed on application form).
- Show assessment, planning & implementation skills when working with a new client and their dog/s during a consultation (covering human attitudes including conflict, canine environmental factors, learning styles and body language observations).
- 3 case studies (between 500-1000 words for each), focussing on the information requested. We are looking for a breadth of knowledge drawn from your working experiences so please include 3 different dogs.
- Brief answers, indications, outlines, advice, or explanations
to a series of 11 questions and sub questions (provided on the application form) which will provide us with a better understanding of your working knowledge and methods. Topics include your knowledge of the Dangerous Dogs Act, your greatest influence, how you have worked with a clinical team and your considerations regarding personal and professional conduct.
- Why you wish to join INTODogs.
- You agree to uphold the INTODogs Code of Practice?(https://www.intodogs.org/about/code-of-conduct/)
- How you currently or how you plan to uphold and apply the INTODogs’ code of ethics?
- You agree to disclose any unspent convictions covered by the
“Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974”
Once you are familiar with the application requirements please continue to “view basket”, checkout and download the application form. The completed application form along with academic certificates, professional references (1 to be from a vet you have worked with), and a copy of your current insurance documentation are to be emailed to: email@example.com. A phone or video interview will then follow.